Re: Fred's driving

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fred's driving
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 19:41:37 +0000
On Fri, 7 Feb 2003, at around 14:24:59 local time, Dave Massey
<105671.471@compuserve.com> wrote:
>Message text written by Michael Hargreave Mawson
>>Of course, you have to bear in mind that many of our roads follow routes
>that are well over 2000 years old.   The main A5 trunk road from London
>to North Wales, for example, was built by the Romans ("What have the
>Romans ever done for us?").   The road on which I live has followed the
>same route for at least 3500 years...
><
>
>I've been on that road.  Going to Llonglen (or however it's spelled).

Llangollen, possibly?

>  Had
>a nice chicken pie with mint peas there.

:-)

>I seem to recall a phrase from my youth that describes some of the more
>twisty roads: "paved cow path."

That's them.

>  But, these are the roads that our LBC's
>are the most fun on.  (If it weren't for the traffic that impedes our
>progress).

The road I take to get to TSSC meetings is defined as a "single-track
road with passing places" - i.e., for the majority of its length, it is
only one car wide.   "Fun" barely begins to describe it! :-)

ATB

--
Mike
Carly  - 1977 Inca Yellow Spitfire 1500 FH105671