Re: Camber, Caster and so on... (Shorter still!)

To: "INTERNET:ZoboHerald@aol.com" <ZoboHerald@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Camber, Caster and so on... (Shorter still!)
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 13:52:36 -0500
Cc: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>, "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net> 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h16JEuhu004931
Message text written by INTERNET:ZoboHerald@aol.com
>That would ever so slightly change the track, but not the toe. Toe is
adjusted >with shims on the forward mount of the radius rod to the body on
a Spitfire or >GT6 (or similar mount to the frame outrigger on a Herald or
Vitesse).

Which is exactly why I asked.

>Of course, if that mounting point is weak enough, the toe is automatically
and >constantly adjusted for you with the accelerator pedal. This is NOT
>recommended on cars actually being propelled by a motor of any size or
>power output on a public thoroughfare or elsewhere. ;-) (Ask me how I
know; >nothing like a little "torque steer" on a GT6+ with a rusted radius
arm mount!)

Another chapter in the "How Did We Survive Our Youth" series, eh?

Dave