sad week indeed

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: sad week indeed
From: "john willowby" <johnwillowby3@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 09:20:08 -0800 FILETIME=[FF59E3A0:01C2CE03]
Not in any way to belittle the passing of Doug or the shuttle
astronauts,(may they truly rest in peace)  but it would do the world we all
live in a whole lot more good if we Americans could look  beyond our borders
and understand the impacts we have had on the peoples of the world.
Especially how our foreign policy, (or lack of one when it comes to the AIDS
pandemic now raging in Africa) affects others and their view of us.

President Bush's determination to avenge his daddy will cost billions of
dollars (not to mention the lives)  that could be better spent on AIDS
treatment and prevention and on healing the wounds we have caused in the
Arab world (and other areas) rather than inflicting more and inflaming
anti-american sentiment in the rest of the Islamic world.   If you felt
vulnerable after 9/11, wait until after IRAQ II.   All the might of the
American military (your sons and daughters and mine) will have little effect
in protecting us from a people who see themselves as grieviously wronged by
"America".

Go in Peace, Stay in Peace