Covering TR4A seats

To: tr list list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Covering TR4A seats
From: Darrell Walker <darrellw@inetarena.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 15:35:13 -0800
I've read a few "how to's" on covering TR6 seats, and while most of the
details are similar to the 4A, one thing seems to be different.  When I
covered my seats (with covers from Moss) about 10 years ago, I wasn't able
to get the center section to send up "indented", with a nice "roll" around
the edges.  After reading the TR6 instructions, those kits seem to have a
fabric flap that is used to glue the center part down, the foam is put
around the center to get the edge higher.  So I figured I must have just
missed something when I installed my seats before, but I recently received
my new covers from TRF, and again, there isn't any kind of fabric flap.
Anyone know any trick to this?  Should I be gluing down the center area?

Thanks!

--
Darrell Walker
66 TR4A IRS CTC67956L