Re: Fans for TR's

To: "David Brister" <david.brister@wanadoo.fr>, "Paige, Dean" <DPaige@ci.santa-rosa.ca.us>
Subject: Re: Fans for TR's
From: "Dixie" <dixie4@wales.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 18:58:05 -0000
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
I have done some research into the fitment of an electric fan to a TR4A.and
entirely agree with the BX fitment.

After examining over a hundred different UK and Continental car radiator
fans (ie French, German, Italian, Swedish and even some Japanese.) I came up
with only two that blow not suck.

These were the Citroen BX and the Rover Meastro/Montego. Some early Maestros
had metal housings so would be better for attaching mounting brackets.

This info may not assist our American cousins too much as I doubt there are
many BXs or Maestros in the US.

In UK the fan and housings are readily available, used, for about #20 ($35)
and shipping about $20.00.

If any list members want one I could find them for them over here in UK. No
charges just a favour that may be returned one day.

Regards,
Adrian
TR4A CT64306 O