None

To: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: None
From: ebk@buffnet.net
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 10:48:49 -0500
Hi List!
    This suggestion may help others, reguarging this thread:

Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 18:40:16 -0600
From: "William C. Quincy" <billqincy1@mac.com>

Hi listers
What's your experience with devices like the "Oberg Tilt Lifter" or the
"Engine Tilt Sling"
It seems to me they would be very useful with engine removal and
installation with my TR3.
Bill Quincy
---------------------------
Hi Bill!
        I've never used an engine sling. I made something different that worked
for me, because it was cheaper & I am low on money, but it doesn't mean that
the Eng. tilt sling isn't good.
        I used a 5/16" coated cable, made a loop in it & used the cable
'U-bolts' as anchors, so a 1/2" bolt could go through the loop & front engine
mount found on my TR4/A engine. I used large washers & nut to secure & stop the
bolt from moving. I then took the other end & inserted though the rear engine
hanger mount & bracket to the front of the block & anchored it to the cable
with the 'U-bolt'. I made sure that the cable going into the rear mount & out
had slack in the cable, I then took 2 more 'U-bolts' & placed them on the
'double cable' to work as stops. The hook of the engine hoist was installed
between these stops. Now when I hoisted the engine the hook could slide between
these 2 stops so the engine was able to 'tilt' inoder to remove the engine &
tranny as I remove or installed it into the car.
-Cosmo Kramer