1st car

To: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1st car
From: ebk <ebk@buffnet.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 21:58:23 -0500
Hi List!

> How about what year & what kind was your 1st car, and not just a T/R, "no" I
will not go first   [:)]   "FT"

    I'll jump in on this one & catch up on my TRIUMPH Digest readings,
later :-D !        My 1st car was a TR4/A straight axle, with wire
wheels in BRG. I purchased it in '71 after I got married. I was 21 then.
 I've ALWAYS want a  TRIUMPH. When I was 8 yr. old & went downtown by
bus with my parents, I pass the Only TRIUMPH dealer in Buffalo. I would
just drool over the TR2's & 3's as the bus would drive by. I always
hoped that someone would get on the buss at that corner so I could
really study the cars all lined up in a row as ready for a Le Man start
race. I & was 'shocked' at the new look of the TR4's & really was
disillusioned at the 'new car look' . But in '66 on' [when I started
work  [at 16],  I started to perk my interest at the chrome & side lamps
on that 'boxy car'. Little did I know that in 5 more years I would own a
'67 TR4/A!
    I had never driven or been a passenger in ANY 'foreign car', until I
test drove the used 4 yr. old TR4/A. That was it! I new I never wanted
another car & the only reason I purchased other cars in my life time was
to 'save' my TR4/A. In '73 I took it off the road & never touched it
 [except to squirt oil in the 4 cylinders once every 10 yr. I thought
that's why it was called a 'WET Sleeve Engine! ;-) ]. Now 23 yr. later I
started perking my interest in the TR & that's a whole other Book! :-D
    Skipping on to '96->'98, I did my 'life-long' restoration on a TR4/A
IRS (minus engine). It wasn't until the end of '97 that I heard about
this TRIUMPH List & joined the digest version. Drove the car for two
yr., & took it off the road to rebuild the engine +. NOW, that I have
the car running, I'm looking forward to meeting as many of you as I can,
somehow!
    "And that's the TRUTH :-P ". I fought who used to say that on
'laugh-in' :-[ ? ;-)
-Cosmo Kramer