RE: TR7/8 Seat Removal

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR7/8 Seat Removal
From: david@robertson.org.nz
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 12:46:00 +1300 6.0|September 26, 2002) at 09/01/2003 12:46:05
>I was able to get one of the remaining bolts out, but I have one left to
do.
It is the outboard, passenger, rear bolt.  Due to mine and the PO's former
efforts, the center of the bolt has been pretty much rounded out so nothing
grabs hold.  It is also locked up pretty well.

What are my options now?  Do I have to drill it out?  If so, how do I do
that?

I don't know how much room you have but something that's worked for me in
the past.
Get a nut large enough to drop over the head of the bolt. Preferably using
a mig welder, weld the nut on. As well as giving you something something to
grip, the heat of the welding will loosen up the bolt threads.
This works well with broken bolts too, so long as there's enough bolt
sticking up for you to weld the nut to.