Re: Stromberg Air Cleaners Upside down

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stromberg Air Cleaners Upside down
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 11:53:48 -0500
In a message dated 1/8/2003 11:17:55 AM Eastern Standard Time, Scott Tilton
<sdtilton@yahoo.com> writes:

>...At the end of the weekend when it was time for me to go
back to Leesburg, we
>ended up putting the air cleaners back on upside down and the car ran
>acceptably well.
>
>Anyone want to take a stab at whats going on with this car?

Scott, that's easy. The poor car, with typical English soul and pride, was too
ashamed to admit that it was assembled  incorrectly and did its level best to
prove otherwise.

Same reason my 1970 GT6+ NEVER ran well whenever I'd try to
return it to factory ignition timing spec's!

OTOH, both cars had Strombergs. Perhaps Stomberg inventor and
developer Dennis Barbet (see VTR's _The Vintage Triumph_
magazine, issues 80 and 82) had a bit of an evil side to him?

:-)

--Andy Mace