RE: Oil Treatment question (rant, little LBC)

To: ryoung@navcomtech.com ("Randall Young"), triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Oil Treatment question (rant, little LBC)
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 11:44:21 -0500
In a message dated 1/8/2003 11:21:17 AM Eastern Standard Time, "Randall Young"
<ryoung@navcomtech.com> writes:

>But there are lots of older ones too, STP and
>Bardahl are just two that have greatly exaggerated their benefits (IMO).

Yeah, but their advertising was much, much better than the long "scholarly"
infomercials you get nowadays for Prolong and the like!

Who among us (well, among us old f*rts, anyway) will ever forget
"S...T...P...it's the ra-cer's edge!" or "Bardahl does it again"? Face it, in
the 1960s, it was practically Federal Law that you had to have an STP sticker
on your car, or your toolbox, or your bicycle, stroller, etc.; same with the
1950s, except then it was a "Wynn's Friction Proofing" or "Bardahl" sticker.

Admittedly, I've used STP, but only as an assembly lube.

--Andy Mace