Re: whats the secret - oil filter leak ?

To: lstein6@earthlink.net, triumphs@autox.team.net, tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Subject: Re: whats the secret - oil filter leak ?
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2003 08:36:18 EST
There is also a thick rubber gasket behind the bolt head on the other end of
the canister filters.  I darn near lost all the oil in my TR6 on a trip to a
6-PACK Trials due to failure of this gasket.  Nothing like stopping for gas,
checking your oil because I noticed a drop in pressure around curves and
adding 3 quarts before it shows up on the dipstick!
Cheers,
Darrell