Some Electrical Problems #1 follow-up

To: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Some Electrical Problems #1 follow-up
From: ebk <ebk@buffnet.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 00:49:17 -0500
Happy Holidays List!
    Well I finally had a chance to work on that turn signal problem that
I sent into the list asking for any input on why it didn't flash equally
on both sides.
    Most people replied that I should check my ground connections. I did
that with no improvement that I could noticed. I then took out all
lamps, cleaned them & the sockets, lightly lube with dielectric grease.
Again with some improvement on having the LH side work all the time but
at a slow speed. The RH side would work correctly [but at a faster
rate], & then the dash light lamp would stop flashing & stop sound for
the flasher relay [But still maintain a faster rate of flashing].
    I then went to switch sides of RH Lamp into LH socket, & vise versa
to the rear lamps. Well, It Worked! So that indicates that the trouble
was in the bulbs. I was also informed that these lamps have different
power ratings. The one side that worked is the bulb to obtain 2 of to
replace both lamps in the rear. BUT I still don't know which side worked
correctly? The left side with the slow speed?         OR        The
right sight side that was at a faster rate?         Thanks to everyone
that took the time to respond & steer me in the right direction. I have
some other minor electrical problems, [like fixing the OD to work
electrically in 3/4th gear, not just 2nd gear :-D ]. Which is repaired
now. I had the 3/4gear switch terminals on backwards. ;-)
-Cosmo Kramer