DIY electronic ignition

To: "Triumph_Vitesse" <triumph_vitesse@yahoogroups.com>, "Triumph_Herald" <triumph_herald@yahoogroups.com>, "Triumph_Cars" <triumph_cars@yahoogroups.com>, "Triumph Stag Discussion Forum" <stag@digest.net>, "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: DIY electronic ignition
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 09:02:10 -0800
Hi all :

Came across this link on USENET, thought someone here might possibly be
interested.

This is a fairly simple circuit that acts as a "points amplifier", it uses
the original points but routes the coil current through a transistor.  It
won't help with dizzy shaft wobble, but should make the points last a long
time.  I ran something similar on my TR3A, and didn't change points for over
10 years !

http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~wkahan/TransIgn.pdf

Randall