Bugeye, is now ( I own a Bugeye)

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Bugeye, is now ( I own a Bugeye)
From: Gbouff1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 14:50:43 EST
Well,
I took the plunge and I am now the owner of a rough '59 Bugeye.  It will be
delivered next Saturday.  I now have to make room on "my" side of the garage
to hold the Tr3A and the Bugeye.

The rear clip, including the doors and rocker panels look to be reasonably
solid, the engine will turn but one plug was out and that cylinder had water
in it (this should be interesting).  The seats are in it, though how much is
corrosion  will need to be investigated.  Battery shelf, drivers floor are
pretty well gone.  All of the lower metal behind the seats seems pretty
solid.  The windsield frame is bent and the glass is missing.  Drivers side
front wheel is at an unusuall caster angle, probably from the accident.  Most
of the dash switches are frozen.  Heater core is present along with the
blower.  Radiater needs at least a new core from accident damage.

All in all I have something to do every night for the next few years.  I now
need to join the Spridget list.  I'll be a two lister subsciber.  Bless my
cheatn' heart.

Gary Bouffard
'59 TR3A
'59? Bugeye