Re: Semi-Sealed Beam Halogen Headlamp

To: george hahn <ahwahnee18@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Semi-Sealed Beam Halogen Headlamp
From: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 13:15:20 -0700
Cc: Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
On Thu, 12 Dec 2002 09:26:50 -0700, george hahn <ahwahnee18@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Years ago I had a euro-spec Mercedes with such bulbs in the headlamps.  I
>think
> it also served as the parking light.  Perhaps it also assured that you
> still presented two lights to oncoming traffic even if one of the main
> beams failed. Also had a parking setting on the lights that turned on
> just the outboard parking lights, front & rear.

The headlamps on our '97 Land Rover Discovery also lit dimly when only
the parking/running lights were on. I found this handy when I was moving the
 cars around at night to put my TR4 in the garage and didn't want to
light up my neighbors' living rooms -- but also didn't want to drive over
the
Triumph.

--
Steven Newell