RE:RE: How to check oil Pressure??

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE:RE: How to check oil Pressure??
From: "george hahn" <ahwahnee18@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 18:56:31 -0700 FILETIME=[8728F470:01C2A0B8]
> >Off of the base of the oil filer head you should find a "bongo"
>fitting...
>
>If looks like a disk from which a non-flexible tube emerges ....i think i
>have found the "bongo" fitting. The non-flexible tube then runs to a
>connection with flexible tubing. The flex-tubing then disappears through
>the
>firewall. Should i disconnect the tubes at this connection...

I would think the latter connection (removing the flex tube that then goes
thru the firewall) would be the handiest place if one of those adaptors
mates with it (if it is the same as on a TR4).

Actually I think that connection off the filter head is often called a
'banjo' fitting but I think I like 'bongo' tag even better.

Geo Hahn
64 TR4 (alas, no bongos)