TR3A thermostat

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3A thermostat
From: Popnglo@aol.com
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 08:57:38 EST
Hello List,

Well the salt is down and its time the put the TR in for its maintenance
interval after continuous daily run since March. One of the items I'd been
considering is replacing the 185 degree thermostat with a 160 degree rated.
The 185 degree works fine, except that in the really hot weather (+90) it
will tend to creep beyond 185 to the 200 or higher range. The cooling system
is basically stock, shroud in, full face radiator, 50/50 coolant (w/water
Wetter), 4 blade water pump. No electric fan

Has anyone gone the route of the 160, is there any benefit of the 160 over
the 185 (or any disatvantage). I see that both MOSS & VB offer a 160. Any
comment appreciated.

Best Regards,
Ed (58 TR3A)