Re: tr7 spyder model

To: "INTERNET:ZoboHerald@aol.com" <ZoboHerald@aol.com>
Subject: Re: tr7 spyder model
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 18:04:03 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net> teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id g9VN7cgO025034
Message text written by INTERNET:ZoboHerald@aol.com
>> The Spider was 3 things- Black paint, Spyder Decal, and those god awful
> white  spoke steel wheels.

Yes, yes, and NO! Those hideous wheels were part of the "Victory Edition"
package, circa 1976. AFAIK they were never featured again after that, so
they
could not have appeared on any TR7 convertible (1979-on), although I
suppose
one was free to hunt up a set and put them on a convertible. :-) If
anything,
the Spyder might have used TR8 alloys?
<

They went the way of the "Rostyle" hubcaps found on some TR250's and the
pastel paint colours from the early TR3's (not that I found anything wrong
with any of it but what can I say, my taste is in my mouth).

But the Spider wheels differ from the TR8 alloys,it was pointed out to me
by the VTR concours chief judge, in that they have as "S" cast into the rim
at the end of the number there.  That and being painted a slightly
different colour.  (and I'm not one to argue with anyone who is tempted to
bid $80 for a NOS gearshift knob for a TR6)

Cheers

Dave