RE: Scent of a TR

To: "'Shrack04@aol.com '" <Shrack04@aol.com>, "'triumphs@autox.team.net '" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Scent of a TR
From: Mark Hooper <mhooper@pixelsystems.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 22:47:40 -0500
I was told that the "new car" smell of a new machine is now a perfume
sprayed on during/after assembly. The original smell was from leather, oil
etc. The new cars don't leak and don't have the old rubber components, so
not the same smell. People expect the new machine to have a particular
odour, so the manufacturers spray it on.

Mark Hooper
72 TR6