Re: Tire choice dilemma

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tire choice dilemma
From: Nicholas Froome <listreader@pvision.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 00:53:18 +0000
205/60?

Ultimate would be the Yokohama 032R - but stay at home when it's raining hard!
You might get 35K in 4 years, but I'd doubt it. The tyre size is probably too
big for the car as well

A good all-rounder is the Bridgestone RE720 - I have a set of those (in 195/65
size) and really like them. They're a good price too, at least in the UK

I think it'd handle better on a skinnier tyre like an RE720 195/65. This is
based on a 15" tyre on a TR4, but I think it'd hold for a Spitfire. The tyre
size equivalents may be different for a 13" tyre - use a tyre calculator to
work it out

Bolide Tyre Size Calculator
http://www.bolide.co.uk/actions/info.taf?page=tyresizecalculator

Nick Froome