Two piece (TR4A) versus one-piece (TR6) Door Seals

To: "Triumph Mail List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Two piece (TR4A) versus one-piece (TR6) Door Seals
From: "Ben and Pam Zwissler" <bzwissler1@insightbb.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 15:46:58 -0500
I'm about to repaint my TR4A body tub and have removed the channels for
mounting the outer door seals.  The TRF catalog and others recommend the
one-piece TR6 "fuzzy door seal" for the TR4A at least in part because then you
don't need the channel to mount the "outer" seal.

My question is, how does the one-piece seal work around the triangular plate
at the bottom of the "B" pillar?  The channel went around the bottom of the
pillar (two short sides of the triangle), while the flange that the one-piece
seal attaches to goes across the "hypotenuse/long side" of the triangle.

If I'm going to reattach the channel, I need to do it before I paint.  I'm
looking for people's experience fitting the one-piece seal to the TR4A and
whether they were happy with it.

Thanks,

Ben Zwissler
bzwissler1@insightbb.com