Re: NON LBC - getting spammed

To: Mark Hooper <mhooper@pixelsystems.com>
Subject: Re: NON LBC - getting spammed
From: Skip Montanaro <skip@pobox.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 00:04:30 -0500
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net '" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
    Mark> Anybody discoverd a good antispam solution?

I use SpamAssassin (http://www.spamassassin.org).  For Outlook users there
is a commercial version available at (http://www.deersoft.com).  I'm also
experimenting with spambayes (http://sf.net/projects/spambayes).  In fact,
as I write this note I'm running a test.  It's just for people who want to
experiment with this sort of stuff, however, the folks using Windows have
added some fairly nifty interface gadgets for Outlook users.

    Mark> I'm getting tired of adding rules to my e-mail organiser.

You'll never win that way.  SpamAssassin has a huge set of rules built up by
hundreds of people.  Spambayes uses a statistical classifier.  Both will
beat the pants off anything you could fudge together on your own.

--
Skip Montanaro - skip@pobox.com
http://www.mojam.com/