TR3A Parts

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3A Parts
From: "David Dressel" <DLD@insightbb.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 22:29:04 -0500
BlankAll:

Not long ago, I was seeking used parts for a '59 TR3A  (see web site) that my
daughter and I were going to restore.  Purchased quite a few good parts,
thanks to many of you.

After getting into the project, it is clear that the biggest problem is the
tub.  It almost disappeared as we sandblasted.  We also found hidden rot in
places that the seller did not tell us about when he told us that the car had
"surface rust".  For example, the firewall was all but gone, and the wheel
arches were shot.  The bottoms of the doors are Swiss cheese.  Rust was
completely through the bonnet.  The bottom of the boot is paper thin after
blasting, and there are holes everywhere.  Some of the body panels are in
usable shape, but not many.

Cutting to the chase ... I think I'm about to get into the used parts business
by parting-out the little guy.  Some items I can use on my TR4 restoration,
and some I'll save for spares (I think I have six fuel pumps and at least four
Purolator filter heads - which lead me to believe that I'm neurotic), but many
parts will be available.  The best components include most everything under
the bonnet and under the tub.

I'll have a parts list put together by the end of the week, so if anyone needs
something, please contact me off list after Thursday.

Thanks,

D.

David L. Dressel
http://www.DLDcreations.com
'67 Jaguar Mk2 3.4 P180773
'64 Triumph TR4 CT30061
'60 Triumph TR3A TS76829
'59 Triumph TR3A parts car:-(

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of
Blank Bkgrd.gif]