RE: oil guage-to-pipe leather seal, dash bulb question

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: oil guage-to-pipe leather seal, dash bulb question
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 19:17:39 -0700
> This seal on my oil guage is shot (black-rimmed gauges). I see it is
> not avail at TRF, part #54902.

Really ?  It's listed as current in their 2002 price list ...
Moss also has it listed as 435-515

> I got a couple 24V 3.3W bulbs with my dash light bulb kit from LBCarCo
> along with the mostly 12V 2.2W ones that the Bentley calls for. Is it
> OK to use these 3W bulbs or will it screw up the electric system.

Won't hurt anything, but they'll be very dim if they light at all.

Power is the square of voltage (P = V^2/R), so half the voltage would
normally mean 1/4 the power.  That doesn't strictly apply in this case,
because the filament resistance goes up as it gets hot, but at best you'll
only get a dull yellow glow.

Randall