Re: TR4A seat replacement...

To: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com>, Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR4A seat replacement...
From: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 12:55:29 -0600
Chris Kantarjiev wrote:

> The car is meant to be a street/vintage rally car. Will see
> the occasional track day, I suppose.
>
> If you know about any of these seats and their applicability
> to the 4A (or know a cheaper source!) I'd appreciate hearing
> about it.

Some years ago I installed Miata seats in a bugeye that had
been stripped for autocrossing by a DPO. I wouldn't
recommend those seats for your purposes, but we looked
at some nice sports seats at the local yard. If you shop
around, you might find nice BMW or Porsche seats from
a couple decades past that provide the right look and feel
and the right price. You'll need to spend some time
fabricating brackets, and watch the seat height or you'll
be sitting too high. I recently saw a nice set of Corbeau
rally seats in a newly restored Mini at a TSD rally -- very
comfy and looked right in the car.

Paul Tegler had this link on his site which includes
dimensions for a Corbeau 'classic bucket' that's similar to
the Holden pix. No idea AFA price but it'd be a US supplier
at least.

http://www.rennsporttulsa.com/corbdim.html

--
Steven Newell