another day, another trip (not much LBC)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: another day, another trip (not much LBC)
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 21:14:01 -0400
Not much LBC stuff here other than that it involves the GT6.  We took
it up the North Shore for some leaf-peeping and apple-harvesting
yesterday.  But today we took it out further.  Sharon's birthday is
this weekend, and she said as her present she wanted to climb Mt
Lafayette in NH.  So that was today's outing, 3 hours north.

Left at 9 AM this morning, sun shining, weather predicted to be cold
and blowy but otherwise a fine fall day, dew points down in the low
30's.  When we got to the trailhead it was sleeting.  Half an hour up
the trail and it was snowing. We made it up past Greenleaf Hut, just
to where the trees disappear.  Couldn't go any further because time
was running out.  Everything higher up was covered with snow/ice, and
the  slippery footing slowed our pace to a crawl.

The drive was great!  A small, bright red & chrome sportscar sure
gets attention on the highway.  And it sure is nice to drive when the
loud pedal has so much extra on tap.

Okay, the fluff's over.  Now back to your regularly scheduled tech
discussions.
--
Jim Muller
jimmuller@pop.rcn.com