Re: >>NASS RE: new sheet metal panels and sealing

To: <nass@yahoogroups.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <SPIT6CGT6@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: >>NASS RE: new sheet metal panels and sealing
From: "ptegler@cablespeed" <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 08:46:22 -0400
...have been taking a bunch of photos the whole time
as usual..for the web site documentation.
I sent the day yesterday...rebuilding the inner rear
corner of the floor/inner wheel well corner. The entire
inner edge of the inner wheel well arch, along with the
lip, front face and cross bar were totally trashed.
I must have spent 5 hours hammering out as U shaped
'tube' about 10 inches long ,that is curved along its length
to act as the bottom edge of the inner wheel well lip
so I can attach a new dog leg panel.  Lots of little
patches pieced together and welded in to re-create
the corner just so I can weld in a new dog leg patch panel.
All in all...I have to say I'm quite proud of the way
it turned out.  The passenger side inner and outer sills
hopefully go on today.  I found some 'weld through' primer
that I coated the surfaces with after extensive grinding.
I want to make sure after all this that it doesn't start
rusting any time soon.

One thing I do like... I am using all those little weird
galvanized steel 'wood decking fastener's as my source
of small patch pieces. Kind of heavy, but they won't rust.
I've just ground of the galvanized coating  on the
edges where I needed to weld They've worked
great and were cheap!

Paul Tegler
wizardz@toad.net
www.teglerizer.com