Re: U-Joint Orientation

To: hfader@usa.net, 6pack@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: U-Joint Orientation
From: Rikrock@aol.com
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2002 22:17:52 EDT
In a message dated 10/6/02 8:23:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time, hfader@usa.net
writes:

> I just noticed that the Haynes manual says that the prop shaft u-joint
> grease fittings should face the propeller shaft and not the yoke flange.
> I'm
> not sure what this means. The fittings appear poke out from between the
> yokes no matter which of the 8 possible positions they are placed in. What
> am I missing?

Hugh,

Funny you should ask.  I just went through this yesterday!  Not on a TR-6,
but on a TVR.  The replacement u-joint I installed has the grease nipple
coming out at an angle.  Put it in with the nipple facing the yoke and you
can't very well get a grease gun on the nipple.

Just make sure you can get a grease gun on the nipple, this is all that
really matters.

Rich Rock
Pottstown, PA