TR6-74 - oil filter access port

To: "List Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6-74 - oil filter access port
From: "Richard Paquette" <richard@locationpyramide.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 15:25:20 -0400
Clear Day
 Experienced Listers:

This may be a simple one for some of you, but hey, if ya never ask, ya =
never learn...

On my recently acquired '74 TR6, behind the front left wheel, inboard =
and directly inline with the oil filter is what appears to be a large 5" =
diam. hole through the inner fender, probably for extracting the oil =
filter and cartridge. I currently have an adaptor and spin-on filter, so =
the hole serves no purpose to me, yes / no?

A) Is  the hole for access to an original oil filter installation & =
removal?

B) Is there supposed to be a cap, cover or plate over this hole? Is it =
necessary?

C) Where can I get one?  I haven't seen it listed in TRF, VB, Moss etc. =
catalogues=20

It would appear to me that this open hole would simply let large amounts =
of dirt and road splash into the engine compartment. Does this happen?  =
...I spend enough time shining the beast, so I don't want to add to my =
workload.

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies,=20

Richard P.

1974 - TR6=20

Montreal QC

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
Clear Day Bkgrd.JPG]