Red, green, blue, whatever.....

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Red, green, blue, whatever.....
From: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 12:53:46 -0400
All this talk of Triumph colors makes me think of the range of colors seen
on contemporary production. I own a Nissan which is blue, er, well...sort
of. One could make a case for its grayness, too. There's the color referred
to as "champagne", which is about as nondescript as a color can be,
offering the eye none of the delight that the drink can offer the tongue.

I own a Signal Red TR6, and no excuses for its color. It's RED. The same
can be said for other TR colors. No ambiguity about what to call them. No
prismatic, depends-on-what-light-you-see-it-in stuff. I saw a TR6 that had
been resprayed in the pearlescent white used on some Audi sedans. It was a
nice paint job, but it looked altogether wrong on the car. I'll take the
traditional TR colors anyday, even red.

Phil Barnes (peb3@cornell.edu)
'71 TR6  CC61193L (25 year owner)