Overdrive J Type

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Overdrive J Type
From: "Dixie" <dixie4@wales.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 20:19:35 +0100
The recent discussion regarding overdrive gearboxes has prompted my own
experience which may be right or wrong so please add your comments.

I originally had a TR4A gearbox without O/D. A gearbox reconditioner grafted
a close ratio gearbox from a Dolomite Sprint with J type overdrive to the
TR4A front end. The flange for attachment to the propshaft (driveshaft)
required redrilling which was no great problem. The rear mounting was copied
from the ingenius and simple design of Phil Brzozoski (Thanks Phil)

The Dolomite uses 13" wheels so the drive cog and spiral gear had to be
changed. I found a marvellous company to supply these in the form of
www.overdrive-repairs.co.uk

They have supplied a 8 start drive gear and a 20 tooth cog. Before I install
these I would like the general opinion if these are these correct for what
ever the differential ratio fitted to a non overdrive rigid axle TR4A. Any
opinions?

Regards
Adrian
TR4A CT64306 O (hopefully)