triumphowners.com launch

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: triumphowners.com launch
From: "Tom Deschenes" <trdeschenes@attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 19:56:05 -0400
I have bookmarked and signed up on this wonderful endeavor. I will upload
details of my car in the near future. Good luck. Don't pay attention to the
ramblings earlier on by that narrow-minded individual. There are many in this
hobby that think its their personal task to police the thinking of others as
to where they can go, what color its acceptable to paint their cars, point out
that you don't have the correct gear change knob, your white walls are too
wide... yada yada yada.. I don't pay any attention to them as I'm driving my
wrong colored TR3 with the battery held in by a bungee cord and my original
leather seat with the duct tape on it. I don't care!! I'm having fun!!!  Fun
on my way to work (fun stops when I get there), fun on my way to the grocery
store, fun when my wife and I go out to dinner, fun when my wife drives off to
the crafts supply store with her hair in the wind and a smile on her face. ITS
A CAR. :)
As long as I'm on this soap box, does "DPO" stand for dumb previous owner... I
think that's uncalled for also, they couldn't have been that dumb, the car is
still here, right. Its not CRUSHED. Lets call them "MPO", for misguided
previous owner ;-) The only cars owned by a "dumb previous owner" reside in
junk yards not your garage. (Tom steps off soap box)
This list has helped me through some things I've had to do to my car, its full
of GREAT info and good stories that are enjoyable to read when I get home. No
one should be bashed for trying to further the hobby.
I raise a glass of ale to you Glenn Johnson, its through the "magic" of the
internet (I know its not magic, keeping my car running.. now that's magic)
that I, sitting here in a small town in Connecticut, USA, can express these
feelings to someone halfway around the world.

Tom Deschenes
1961 TR3A wrong color blue, PEP Boys tires, lol