VW Engine Story

To: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Subject: VW Engine Story
From: Geoff Burns <gburns@directcon.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 20:50:14 -0700
Cc: RPVanLuchene@lbl.gov, 6pack@autox.team.net, Triumphs@autox.team.net
An uncle of mine who lived in Indiana drove one of the early VW bugs in the US.
One day when the car was about 12 years old, Uncle Harry was on his way to
Chicago when he threw a rod in the air cooled 4-banger. He called the nearest VW
dealer and had them tow him to the dealer where he waited while they replaced
his engine. Harry had an important appointment in Chicago and made it on time.
Total time to replace the engine and get the car back on the road was less than
1.5 hours. I think that was his third engine and the car had close to 1 million
miles on it when he finally retired it.

Geof in CA, 69tr6