Scotland TR's?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Scotland TR's?
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 13:17:41 EDT
List,

I just completed a 10 day vacation in Scotland and sadly only saw 2 Triumphs
- 2 Spit's.

It just so happened that the weather was great while we were there - quite a
change from previous weather as we were told by the locals we talked to -
only one day with some drizzle in the highlands.

I expected to see a bunch more Triumphs.  Sorry to say but the MG sitings
were numerous - mostly MGB/GTs as were sitings of many, many Mini's.

Our coach driver and I hit it off within a short time (much to the anguish of
my wife).....I brought a few photos of my Spit and the TR6 restoration along
just in case I might meet an enthusiast.  It seems that our driver had owned
several Mini's, a '69 TR6 then acquired an MGC/GT in which he replaced the
six with a Rover V8.....ha, ha, ha....I had a new best friend for 10 days:)

Yes, the haggis is definitely an acquired taste and women are definitely
attracted to men in kilts!  FYI - the cheapest full dress Scottish outfit we
saw for sale was 699 pounds or roughly $1150.  Oh, we didn't see Nessie but
word has it that she was sited only day's before we got to Loch Ness - no
doubt swallowing an MG along the shoreline:)

Cheers,

Chip

Chip Krout

1976 TR6 #CF57822U - one of the last 500 built - restoration nearing
completion
1970 Spitfire Mk3 #FDU78512L - on the road and enjoying another driving
season!