Re: Stainless Steel Fuel Lines (recommendation)

To: corey.sherman@RCN.COM, triumphs@autox.team.net, 6Pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stainless Steel Fuel Lines (recommendation)
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 12:30:15 EDT
In a message dated 9/23/2002 6:03:55 PM EST, corey.sherman@RCN.COM writes:

<<  has anybody replaced these with Stainless
 Steel.

 Two popular vendors:
 _ Inline tube (www.inlinetube.com)
 _ Classic tube (www.classictube.com)  >>

Corey,

I replaced all of the metal lines on the 6 with stainless from Classic Tube.
They look great and should outlast any other option currently available.

Nearly all of the segments of tubing were exact fit or very close to it with
only a gentle bend to correct any deviations.  One pipe in particular needed
to be sent back in exchange for a correctly bent pipe.....the brake pipe
segment from the PDWA to the rear brakes was bent in a mirror image of itself
- sort of what would work on a RHD car.  I guess someone picked the pipe from
the wrong box during packing!??

Chip

Chip Krout

1976 TR6 #CF57822U - one of the last 500 built - restoration nearing
completion
1970 Spitfire Mk3 #FDU78512L - on the road and enjoying another driving
season!