Duxford 2002

To: triumph_herald@yahoogroups.com, triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Duxford 2002
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 19:13:45 +0100
Dear All,

It appears that I am the first one to get back from the show and to sit
down in front of his PC...

WOW!   What a day.   The weather was marvellous, there were 1940s
fighters doing scary acrobatics overhead, and the turnout was fantastic.
Whilst I didn't actually count all the cars, and I have probably missed
a fair few, I would estimate:

10 x TR3
5 x TR4/4A
1 x TR250
5 x TR6
5 x TR7
2 x TR8
20 x Stags
60 x Spitfires (Spitfire 4 to 1500)
30 x Heralds (948 to 13/60; all body shapes except Estates)
30 x Vitesses (All types)
30 x GT6s (All types)
30 x Miscellaneous 1960s/70s Saloons (from 1300 to 2.5PI)
1 x Triumph Acclaim (in absolutely shocking nick)
1 x Triumph Roadster
1 x Triumph Renown
1 x Triumph Mayflower
1 x Triumph Dolomite (1936 version...)
1 x 1930s Triumph van
1 x Triumph Gloria Vitesse
1 x Triumph Gloria Sportsman
12 x Non-Triumph cars

There were cars that looked as though they were unlikely to go another
five miles without body panels falling off, and cars that looked as
though they had never, ever, gone five miles - and everything in
between.

It was great to meet so many list members, but to those of you who came
up and introduced yourselves, and went on to say "Of course, I hardly
ever post...", START POSTING!   Please share your experiences - good or
bad.

The judging was done by the entrants/visitors, and was extremely fair
and reasonable (i.e., most of the cars I voted for won!).   The
immaculate, gorgeous, mint condition two-tone green Vitesse that won
Best Vitesse, BTW, was a *daily driver*.   Dammit, it can be done... it
will be done!

ATB
--
Mike
Carly  - 1977 Inca Yellow Spitfire 1500 FM105671