Boot lid seal - which way around

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Boot lid seal - which way around
From: "Northway, Barry" <BNorthway@textron.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 09:45:36 -0400
Hello all,

I'm about to install a new rubber seal around the boot for my TR250. It's
the original type with a slot in the bottom, which is glued to the body all
around the boot opening, and an upper portion sealing against the bottom of
the lid when it's closed. The upper portion has sort of a double raised row
one of which is higher than the other. The consensus at The Roadster Factory
is that the higher raised portion goes toward the boot opening (that is, on
the inside). That's how I had installed the old one 12 years ago but it was
always hard to close the lid and didn't seem to seal all that well. Now,
when I think about it I'm not sure that way is correct.

Has anyone done this? Or can someone check their car to see which way it
goes? I'm not sure but a TR4 might use the same seal.

Thanks in advance.

Barry