Re: TR3 Rack & Pinion

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "David Dressel" <daviddressel@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: TR3 Rack & Pinion
From: "Paul Willoughby's Home" <paulwillou@socal.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 21:09:21 -0700
Cc: <kadressl@soltec.net>
Here is Ted Smith's ad from www.hemmings.com:

TRIUMPH TR2-3B rack and pinion conversion kit, bolt in, no welding required,
dramatically increases road feel and handling while greatly reducing steering
effort, kits start at $895 including high flow elec fan conversion kit with
adj thermostat. Contact: Ted, British Auto Restorations, 540-989-5121, VA.

Bill has contacted him via email.  I would have done that, but wasn't aware he
had an email address.

Here are a couple more suppliers with similar products, both in the UK:

Protek Classics
Unit 13, Bushells Business Estate
Wallingford, Oxford, UK
Tel ++44-1491-832372

Revington TR
http://www.revingtontr.com/page15.htm

I don't know much about these last two suppliers.  I think they might both be
weld on kits, but not really sure.  I haven't contacted them.  Good luck.

Paul W.