TR3A for sale Atlanta Area

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3A for sale Atlanta Area
From: "M. W. Jordan, Jr." <mw_jordan@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 19:25:39 -0400
Good Evening All:

A change in employment (from "Some" to "None") forces the sale of a 1959
Triumph TR3-A TS/57892-L

I acquired this car in 1996 from a gentlemen that had it stored in a
barn in KY for what he said was about 3 years - it looked like it had
been there for closer to 7 to 10 years when I picked it up.  The body
had been painted prior to its being placed in storage - a bright red -
and quite a bit of body work had been done at the time as well.  I
received a record of repairs and the like at the time I purchased the
car - the last registration was in the early-80's which is why I believe
the car sat for at least 10 years prior to my acquisition.

Since towing it home, I have replaced the entire brake system, fuel
system, cooling system, electrical system (new wiring harness, too) top,
tonneau, tires, and many suspension components.  The gauges were rebuilt
where needed, new carpet was installed, and all the mouse nests were
removed.  The car has no rust that I can find; it runs well, has decent
oil pressure (50+ PSI when starting) has a new pertronix ignition and
drives well - strong.  I have the side curtains - but they may be after
market and are not currently fitted.  The car has been in dry, heated
storage since 1996 - I don't think it has seen the rain in more than 15
years.

I have had a local British Car shop check it over on a couple of
occasions, to ensure timing and carbs were properly set.

It does need a bit of freshening up.  There is a minor dent in the left
rear fender, and there are couple of rub marks in the paint on the trunk
(or is that "boot"?)

I have the BMIH Trust certificate that indicates there were some
modifications made since manufacture - wire wheels were replaced with
steel, but otherwise, it is pretty much today as it was in 1959.

I would like to see this car with a new owner.  I have pictures
available.  Please contact me directly as I am on the digest.

M. W. Jordan, Jr.

Marietta, Ga
770-330-7762 cell