More TR4 front suspension questions

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: More TR4 front suspension questions
From: Scott Tilton <sdtilton@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 06:54:37 -0700 (PDT)
Well, it doesnt look like Ill have to try out the lists advice on removing
the top A-arms just yet.

I took off the wheels and looked again at the suspension, and it looks like the
top fulcrum / pivot is installed correctly.

Which leads to the question of whats causing the apparent positive camber?

As an added bonus . . . I took off the stock wheels and tires and put on the
Panasports with the fat Michelins from the TR-6.

Quite an amazing difference.
But now the car is pulling to the left constantly.
Ive rotated the tires to different positions, and it is still the same.

I guess I should find a place to take it and get the alignment checked on it.
(Oh joy!)

But Ive got a question there too:  Besides toe in and toe out . . . what else
can be adjusted on a TR-4 front suspension?  There arent any places to shim it
are there?  Are there some sort of eccentric pivots that Im unaware of?

Thanks for all the help.

Scott Tilton
63 TR4 Everyday
Leesburg, VA