spin on oil filter adapter.

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: spin on oil filter adapter.
From: "David Brister" <david.brister@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 21:18:34 +0200
Gentle listerati can anyone shed light?

My TR4A now lives in a subterannean garage and it is preferable that I don't
spill too much oil on the floor when doing an oil change, so I thought  a
spin on oil filter adapter might be a Good Thing.

Having bought TT10861 oil filter spin on adapter from Moss I am unable to
make it fit. It seems that my bolt with the female thread which holds the
long bolt retaining the filter   canister is not long enough. Or perhaps the
thread on the kit spigot is not long enough? Either way the only way I can
use this thing is to fit the spigot above the spin on canister, and I am
quite sure this is wrong and I will not get the oil flowing through the
filter.

Anyway the instructions seem incomprehensible to me.

Anyone else had this problem?

David Brister.
1967 TR4A