Re: Dash questions on TR3A

To: "ebartle" <ebartle@hbci.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Dash questions on TR3A
From: "Kinderlehrer" <kinderlehrer@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 11:45:39 -0700
Eric,
First:  As I recall, when faced with this situation, I soaked the studs and
knurled nuts with a penetraing oil type stuff like PB Blaster or Lock Ease
for a while, then went after them with a needle nose pliers.

Second: To remove the chrome nuts, use a small srewdriver in one of those
slots, hold it at an angle, so that when you tap the handle of the
screwdriver with a hammer, it will force the nut to rotate
counter-clockwise.  To protect the chrome, wrap the edge of the screwdiver
with a rag.  If you can find or make an appropriate sized wood or plastic
substitute for the screwdriver, that may help protect the chrome, and the
dash in case you slip.  A cuticle stick if your wife/girlfriend doesn't
catch you raiding her manicure kit might work, ("No, dear, I haven't, what's
a cuticle pusher anyway") or maybe a plastic chopstick but then what would
you so with the other one?

For restoring vinyl, I've found "Mother's Back to Black" works pretty good.
I've also used black shoe polish, the paste kind, with some success for
spots that have lost their color from rubbing, cuts or whatever.  I imagine
liquid shoe polish might work, but I haven't been desperate enough to try it
yet.

Bob