Re: Gloria

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Gloria
From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 09:36:22 +0100
I'd be in the market for a Gloria and certainly a straight eight
Vitesse if I won the lottery - but as I don't do it, its unlikely I'll
own either. IMHO, the only place one might stand a chance of finding
one for sale is via the magazine of:

Pre-1940 Triumph Owners Club
"Leaward"
Watchet Lane
Little Kingshill
Great Missenden
Bucks HP16 0DR
England
http://www.pre1940toc@freeserve.co.uk

but I doubt I'd be spoilt for choice!

As an aside, for those who enjoy imported TV drama, keep an eye open
for a UK production called "A is for Acid." It was transmitted only
last night and is the true story of an infamous murderer, John Haigh,
who killed nine people and dissolved their corpses in acid. Ideal late
night viewing in an old house like mine with night time thumps and
creaks <smile> Plenty of shots of the principal character driving a
delightful open four seater Alvis and an equally well preserved
Standard Flying Fourteen used by the police.

Jonmac