Re: Triumphs@Autox.team.net daily digest V1 #1269

To: <owner-triumphs-digest@autox.team.net>, <triumphs-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Triumphs@Autox.team.net daily digest V1 #1269
From: "Rave Racer" <raveracer77@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 17:37:38 -0400 FILETIME=[1ABFDEA0:01C255EC]
    Here in Ontario, Canada the DMV won't license a vehicle without knowing
it's value.  For cars that are to old to fit a standardized value you have
to get it appraised before they'll license it.  That added some cost to my
project, and the car still isn't ready for the road.  Luckily I was able to
get around a huge owner transfer tax by having it appraised before doing the
work on it, which would effectively increase it's value.  Unfortunately if I
want to get something back from my insurance should the unmentionable
happen, I now have to get it reappraised for an appropriate value.  If I'm
wrong and I didn't have to get it appraised before transferring the
ownership, then I was lied to by the DMV.  (wouldn't be the first time)

       Rave Racer
'89 Jetta 1.8L 16V GTX
 http://www.vwot.org/members/Pete.html
'87 Audi 4000 Quattro Sedan
 http://www.audifans.com/registry/view.php?action=viewCar&carid=110
'72 Triumph GT6
 http://motorcities.com/contents/01I3H011116682.html
'83 Toyota Tercel (yoda)     Possible future Sandrail donor...  Maybe