Re: TR6 Steering Lock - Security Bolts

To: Trevor Jordan <tjordan@bigpond.net.au>, Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Steering Lock - Security Bolts
From: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 12:56:53 -0600
Trevor Jordan wrote:

> I know I have this somewhere but I just cannot find it.  When the
> security bolts (with the heads that break off on installation) are
> removed from the steering lock, what is the preferred replacement.  I
> seem to remember that Allen key heads were recommended, but what is
> the thread and length?

I'm not familiar with the TR6 steering lock, but I've replaced a couple early
70's BMW 2002 ignition/steering locks. When I went to the scrap yard to pull
a used steering lock, I took my Dremel with discs to cut a slot in the security
bolts. Then I could just unscrew the bolt with a flat head screwdriver. If you
do that, you could probably simply re-use the newly slotted original bolt.

--
Steven Newell
Littleton, CO