Re: GT6 Slave Cylinder

To: James V Laviana III <jimmad@juno.com>
Subject: Re: GT6 Slave Cylinder
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mporter@zianet.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2002 23:23:23 -0600
Cc: saffian@direcway.com, Triumphs@autox.team.net
James V Laviana III wrote:

> The illustration in the "Vicky Brit" catalog is in error, all the GT6
> slave cylinders have a two hole flange.

In small fairness, the art in the VB catalog is the same as that in the
original GT6 parts manual, so, perhaps, Triumph can be accused of
borrowing art from another model. In truth, we do it all the time in
manuals, and, given that in the `50s, `60s and `70s, the only way to get
the art done was with illustrators hunched over drafting tables,
painstakingly putting in those pen and ink dots for shading, and then
shooting the finished drawing with a stat camera, in order to size it
for the platemaker, so they likely borrowed to save time.

What counts is if the part number is correct.

Cheers.

--
Michael D. Porter
Roswell, NM (yes, _that_ Roswell)

The gulf between content and substance continues to widen....