Rt angle speedo drive w/o 1:1 gearing?

To: triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rt angle speedo drive w/o 1:1 gearing?
From: aribert <aribert@c3net.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2002 22:35:54 -0400
Cc: trstevens@earthlink.net
Recently Ted Stevens posted a message that implied that there are rt
angle trans speedo drive gears that are not 1:1.  I have never
considered that there was anything other than 1:1.

I have an 11% speedo / odo error from installing a 3.67:1 diff in my '71
GT6
inplace of the former 3.27.  What vehicles had a rt. angle speedo drive
that
was not 1:1?  Follow-up question anyone know the approx. ratios of such
drives.

Yes, I know that I could go to a speedo shop and have a custom
speedo drive gearbox made but things are already over crowded under the
dash
and in the trans tunnel.