Re: SURRY TOP, HARD TOP, INTERIOR COVERING??????

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SURRY TOP, HARD TOP, INTERIOR COVERING??????
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 18:53:00 +0100
Hi Clark
I think the top was trimmed much the same as the saloon roofs with white
cloth held up to the correct form with roof bows, they usually follow
closely the shape of the roof, clipping in holes in the sides then rising a
couple of inches then spanning to the other side. The hook bits hold the
front bow in the correct position and the spacing of the loops in the fabric
position the subsequent bows. assembly would be hook the front bow into the
sides then clip it in the hooks at the front then the next bow clips in the
side, once all bows are in the whole thing is tensioned from the back, being
trapped under the rear screen rubber then the loose flap of fabric at the
front is secured to the top, then the sides are tensioned in to whatever
holds it. This is how the saloons work. The bits I can't visualise on the
hard top is the finishing of the side edges, as on the saloon they are
retained with glue under the felt door strips.

HTH

Graham.