Re: specifics on classic car insurance

To: "Jim Hill" <jrhill@chorus.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: specifics on classic car insurance
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 22:40:19 -0500
From: "Jim Hill" <jrhill@chorus.net>

> Of course, anyone who wants to use their classic car for commuting can buy
> insurance from the same companies that insure all the other commuters.

I started to laugh hysterically, then I noticed this was the Triumph list,
not the Lotus list.

Finding "regular" insurance for my Europa was proving pretty difficult
("Lotus? Who makes that?  Oh, wait, here it is on the do-not-cover list."),
and true "antique" insurance wants the car to be a whole lot more stock than
this.  My Dutton-driving buddy steered me to a "modified vehicle" policy.
Same thing they use for street rods.

The policy I have on the TR4 is the one advertised in "The Vintage Triumph".

Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
1970 Lotus Europa, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Suburban, 1962 TR4 CT2846L
pethier@isd.net  http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.vtr2002.org