RE:Monza Exhaust? In a word, LOUD

To: <barteet@barteet.com>
Subject: RE:Monza Exhaust? In a word, LOUD
From: "larry stein" <larry@ehc.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 09:37:25 -0600
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
one of the guys on the list suggested getting tail pipe inserts from
jcwhitney.com  i ordered them and installed them on my monza and it made
a terrific difference.  i can actually hear the stereo now and the car
still sounds sexy.  i forget his name (the guy that suggested them).
the inserts fit perfectly.  perhaps he is reading this and will send in
the part # again.  i've had the monza on the gt6 for about 6 months now
(geesh time flies). as for fit, i had meineke install it for me.  they
did a fantastic job and yes, it does take some drilling / welding to
make it fit perfect (which it does).  thats why i had them do it.  it
still looks perfect.  the yellow tape has not faded or burned or peeled.
perhaps they fixed that problem.  i pulled up at the y the other day and
a guy did a 180 turn and came over to talk to me about the car.  he said
multiple times 'it sounds sweet'.  its true.
larry